Special Scientific Workshops
EMC2016 will host special sessions in parallel to the dedicated sessions of the 3 main symposiums on Life Sciences, Instrumentation and Methods and Materials Science.
Planed events (subjected to updates and additions)
- Big Data in Microscopy
A specific session on Sunday afternoon, 28 August; open to all participants.
- Stereology and 3D Image Analysis in Microscopy
Organised under the auspices of the International Society for Stereology on Wednesday afternoon, 31 August; free admission for EMC participants. A special fee will be proposed for other participants.
- MIRID: Microscopy of Ion Radiation Induced Defects and changes in structure and properties of materials
A workshop dedicated to the study of radiation-induced defect structures in different materials (crystals, glasses, composites, films). Wednesday afternoon, 31 August; free admission for EMC participants. A special fee will be proposed for other participants.
- European and National Microscopy Networks
An exclusive Lunch Workshop to be held on Wednesday 31 August aiming at presenting the microscopy platforms and networks offer in Europe; open to all EMC participants.
- Managing Large Microscopy Facilities
A Round Table linked to the ‘Network Lunch Workhop’ to discuss and exchange about how to run
large microscopy facilities open to scientific communities; free admission for EMC participants.
- SCUR - The Skin Imaging Society meeting (Society for Cutaneous Ultrastructure Research – The Skin Imaging Society (www.scur.org)
Scientific Session Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 August; free admission for EMC participants.
A special fee will be proposed for other participants.