EMC2016 is being organised by the French Society of Microscopies (SFμ) under the auspices of the European Microscopy Society (EMS) and the International Federation of Societies for Microscopy (IFSM).
According to the usual organization of EMC Conferences 4 committees are constituted. The composition of the organising committees is taking shape and more details can be found by following the links on the right, or below:
- Local Organizing Committee (LOC),
which is presently driven by the SFµ in relationship with the Lyon-Grenoble organizing team
- Local Coordination Committee (LCC)
in charge of coordinating local tasks regarding the organization of the Congress
- Scientific Programme Committee (SPC),
comprising 4 members from the SFµ and 4 representatives from the EMS
- Extended Scientific Programme Committee (ESPC),
composed by SPC members and additional European scientists
- An International Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB)
representing all EMS member Societies enriched with some additional international experts.